Status: game day.
Yesterday morning was rough. I hadn’t had a bowel movement in 24 hours and when I finally did, I was totally underwhelmed. Twice. Once, first thing in the morning, and again in the afternoon before lunch. I guess it’s good that I didn’t have any issues with diarrhea, but I’m concerned that my digestion slowed down so much so quickly. What a way to start the post, huh?
The good thing was that even though I hadn’t had a noteworthy bowel movement in over a day, I didn’t feel gross yesterday, like I did the day before. No bloating or discomfort at all. Just a normal day. Also, in spite of my 1/2 pound weight gain from the day prior, my ‘tight’ jeans fit better yesterday too.
The rest of the day was an upswing as well. I didn’t feel like running a marathon, but there was plenty of energy to get me through the day without huffing and puffing.
The evening was a nice wind down. After such a busy day it was nice to not be tired when it came to what I (as opposed to my kids) wanted to do. Accomplishing so much in one day took the guilt out of crashing on the couch around 8 pm when I felt I’d done enough.
This morning I feel great. Just stepped on the scale and that’s disappointing. I’m up another pound from yesterday. But other than that I feel awesome. I’m up earlier than usual and I’m okay with it!
- Breakfast – One and a half salty-as-could-be leftover meatballs. I couldn’t choke down any more than one and a half. I don’t know if it was because of the saltiness, or because that was enough and I was full.
- Lunch – Two McDonald’s Quarter Pounder patties. I asked the woman at the register for the patties only. I specifically looked her in the eyes and said “No bun, no cheese, NOTHING.” They came with everything but the bun, in separate packaging—even in spite of my “yes” response to the clerk’s “are you keto” question. I scraped everything off. Round one seemed to take for ever, I didn’t want to wait any longer. There were remnants of cheese, pickle juice, ketchup, and mustard. I was too hungry to care. I cleaned off the patties as much as I could and enjoyed my lunch.
- Dinner – Two and a half carnivore deviled eggs. My own recipe. They were buttery, but I had no complaints. I was hungry and wanted deviled eggs! Recipe: 8 hard boiled eggs, one stick of butter, 2 ounces of ham (chopped tiny!). I sliced the eggs, separated the yolks, and melted the butter. Mixed together the yolks, warm butter, and chopped ham. Put in a ziplock bag with the corner cut off and filled the egg whites back up with the mix. If you don’t like butter, you won’t like them. For what I wanted, they were fantastic. Not sure how they’ll be after being in the fridge overnight, maybe I’d want them warmed up. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.
Changes (1 negative, 10 positive):
- Sleep – 7 – I didn’t sleep very well last night. There were a lot of ‘bumps in the night’ that woke me up. I felt like as soon as I fell asleep, something woke me up. Again and again.
- Energy – 8 – Wonderful. I did a ton of running around yesterday with the kids and had plenty of energy left over to prepare a meal for myself, do laundry, and some other minor housework. Waking up early with lots of energy was a delight also!
- Mood – 9 – Mood was good, stable throughout the day.
- Cravings – 10 – Yesterday was probably the most tempting day. I would have loved to enjoy a non-carnivore anything, opportunities abounded, but I am really pleasantly surprised by how easy it’s been, thus far, to resist.
- Vision – No noticeable changes.
- Teeth – Very clean.
- Skin – No noticeable changes.
- Hair – No noticeable changes.
- Weight – 121.5, up another pound from yesterday. We’ll see how my jeans fit today. I’m disappointed, but oh well. I feel good so that’s more important.
- Digestion, Belly – 8 – No issues.
- Digestion, Gas – 8 – No issues.
- Digestion, Poop – 8 – No issues, no progress either though.
- Light-Headedness – 7 – Much better than the day before yesterday. Running around with the kids and up and down the stairs in our house was no problem at all.
Lord, thank you for making it easy to wake up in the morning! Thanks also for the amazing pastor at the church my family and I attend. This morning’s sermon will be a blessing no doubt.
Please keep me close to you. Please bless our pastor today and his message. Let it speak to the hearts of the people there who don’t know you. Lord, I also want to ask that you speak to my kids hearts. Sometimes I think they get it, and sometimes it’s like they’re out in left field. Please draw them near to you.
I ask these things in Jesus name Lord.