Status: Not Missing much.
Yesterday was a repeat of my breakthrough from the day prior. I felt so much better. I think a big part of my positive vibe was that I couldn’t have cared less about monitoring what I was eating. It was so freeing not to worry about entering meals or considering my calories. I listened to my body, and I’m a little hesitant to report… I probably ate even less than the day before. The thing is though, I felt great! I listened to what my body queues were telling me, and it worked out! Surprise surprise!
On another note. I seriously can not believe how little I miss the things I gave up. I’ve pondered before how boring it must be to be a domestic dog. Sure, they have the life— lounging around all day doing whatever—but they only ever get to eat one thing! That would stink! And unfortunately for them, it isn’t even what they’re designed to eat! That’s a whole other topic though. The point is, regardless of the supposed nutrition an all meat diet provides, I thought my cravings would kill me because I’d be bored with the relatively small selection of food items. Wrong! I love it!
Carnivore isn’t boring at all. It’s easy.
There are things I miss. I’d love a piping hot mug of tea! But really, the temptations to go back to the dark side are decreasing daily. Other than habits I need to break—like the tea—I’m not really temped by much at this point! I look, then look away. It’s a freedom I’ve never had before and it’s lovely! In my mind I’ve already made the shift from considering this a 30 day experiment to something much longer term.
The point is, my mind is okay with the thought of long term carnivory because my body is thriving.
This is where it’s at folks!… Day 10 of my carnivore adventure; day 1 not tracking my meals/macros/calories/etc.
- Breakfast – Eggs in butter with salt.
- Lunch -Steak left overs, wasn’t really a lot, but I wasn’t really hungry anyway.
- Dinner – Buttered shrimp.
I decided how many eggs to make for breakfast based on how hungry I was. I took the little bit of leftover steak I had to work with me for lunch. I ate it at lunch not because I was hungry but because I could tell I would be before dinner time at home. It worked out perfectly! When it came time for dinner I ate what I could, shared some shrimp with my son, and stopped when I felt full. It was pure appetite bliss!
I can’t even explain how good it feels to reject ‘the numbers!’
Changes (1 negative, 10 positive):
- Sleep – 10 – Slept great, feel rested.
- Energy – 9 – I feel great. No complaints!
- Mood – 9 – All’s well here too.
- Cravings – 10 – It’s going better than I could have ever expected.
- Vision – 7 – I noticed again, yesterday evening, that my left eye seemed weird. I had no problems with my vision during the day, but it was the same weirdness that happened the night before. I’m really curious about this.
- Teeth – 9 – Clean!
- Skin – No noticeable changes.
- Hair – No noticeable changes.
- Weight – 117 – I am noticing little changes in my body. One of the things I can’t stand about how carbs affect me is that when I gain weight, it seems/feels/looks-to-me like half of what I gain goes right to my face. My face gets fat! I have one cookie, and my face blows up like an airliner emergency exit slide. I’m seeing things thin out though now. Namely, my face. Also, my fingers! They look longer and more slender than I’m used to. My wedding bands are getting looser too. Also, I wore a belt yesterday. I don’t usually need one, but without it the tush area of my pants was saggy.
- Digestion, Belly – 9 – Great! No discomfort whatsoever.
- Digestion, Gas – 9 – I’ve passed the point of thinking every time I needed to pass gas I’d better be on the toilet—for fear of pooping my pants. Happy day! Even with that admission, I have pretty much no gas. It’s fantastic.
- Digestion, Poop – 9 – No diarrhea. Woot Woot! Had a totally normal—albeit tiny— bowel movement this morning. My intestinal tract feels great, i.e., I can’t feel it! No pains, discomfort, or bubbling/grumbling whatsoever.
- Light-Headedness – 9 – Small bouts of light-headedness, nothing of concern to me.
God, this is fantastic. I feel great!!! I’m so thankful for where I am. Thank you for being such an amazing God and leading me here. Thank you for answering my prayers.
Lord please guide me. Shine your light on my next step. I’m a little lost on what way to go. Not on what to eat! Just on what steps to take in my life. Please comfort me, guide me, be the light to my path the Word says you will be. I need it. I want to further your kingdom, just not exactly sure how to do it. I love you Lord.
In Jesus name.