Status: I’m so Frustrated!
Yesterday got me back on track. I woke up with a ton of energy. I think a good gauge of how I feel in the morning is whether or not I make the bed. Well, I made the bed yesterday!
Our pastor had an excellent sermon at church that really resonated with me. When we got home all the kids went outside to play because even though we’re in the dead of winter it was 60 degrees outside. My husband used the opportunity to make us eggs Benedict. This is definitely not our usual Sunday morning fair. He poached eggs, and served them over ham with a hollandaise sauce made of only yolk and butter. The spices and lemon juice in the sauce, and the biscuit, got left out. It was such a treat. It was absolutely delicious—and 100% carnivore!
My husband doesn’t cook for a living any more, but he’s a self-taught chef because he just plain loves to cook (and he’s darn good at it!). I sort of wonder long-term, how the carnivore thing will play out from his end. He enjoys being creative and I certainly enjoyed the over-the-top breakfast!
Overall it was a good day, but I still got tired and felt a little odd before dinner. I’m starting to wonder if this is my trough. I get really sleepy and it’s like whatever mood I’m in gets magnified, for better or worse. I’ve noticed a trend of this happened nearly every evening, to varying degrees, based on how much I’ve eaten. The problem is that I have absolutely no appetite. I am majorly struggling with eating enough. My appetite is not there. It’s like it went into hiding.
It’s such an odd and frustrating circle of events: I don’t eat because I’m not hungry, my mood and energy decline, eating fixes my mood and energy, but instead of craving food, I’m repulsed by the thought of eating.
For dinner we had steaks on the grill. I nearly turned up my nose at my plate, but knew without eating I’d have crashed big time. I was already facing downhill. The steak was so good—tender… juicy… fatty. But I started out not wanting it at all. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I wasn’t hungry at all, didn’t even want it, but eating it was like Pop-Eye eating spinach. It’s really interesting to see how quickly my mood and energy levels come back, but super frustrating that I need to fight through not wanting to eat!
- Breakfast – Poached eggs with ham and hollandaise sauce. This was a huge breakfast. Twice the size of what I’d have eaten if I chose what to make. But I ate it, and my energy level was through the roof for the majority of the day.
- Dinner – Steak. Not a big meal, I cut my steak in half.
Changes (1 negative, 10 positive):
- Sleep – 9 – Slept great last night. Some people function well without a ton of sleep. Some people need more sleep to feel good. Around nine hours of sleep a night is my sweet spot. I’ve been no where near that recently though. I’ve been getting to bed later than I’d like. It’s become a trend and it’s hurting me. I need to change it because I can feel it during the day and my sleepiness seems to be compounding. Why I’m not getting to bed at my normal time has nothing to do with carnivore, but it’s definitely affecting how I feel which is affected by carnivore, so I think my interpretation of what’s going on may be a little skewed.
- Energy – 8 – Okay.
- Mood – 8 – Okay.
- Cravings – 7 – Yesterday was rough again, dinner with my husband and the kids was difficult—cranberry sauce would have been nice. Going through this alone is not for the faint of heart.
- Vision – 9 – No noticeable changes.
- Teeth – 9 – My new norm. Nice and clean.
- Skin – No noticeable changes.
- Hair – No noticeable changes.
- Weight – 119 – Up another pound. I don’t really get it, but I accept it. My clothes fit better every day.
- Digestion, Belly – 9 – Still feelin’ good.
- Digestion, Gas – 9 – Still feelin’ good,
- Digestion, Poop – 9 – Still feelin’ good.
- Light-Headedness – 9 – Yesterday was good, I don’t remember any bouts of light-headedness at all. In the evening I played ping pong with the boys for quite a while. They did better than I did which meant lots of bending over to get the ball off the floor. Even with all those ups and downs, I didn’t have any issues.
God thank you for a wonderful message at church yesterday and a pastor who so clearly shows his enthusiasm for you. His heart for you is contagious in the best way.
Please Lord, help me sleep more. Help me make the absolute most of my time during the day so I don’t need to stay up late or wake up so early. It is not going well for me! And please give me an appetite! Help me eat so my body gets what it needs to be able to regulate my mood and energy levels.
In Jesus name I pray.